My World

A brief description of some of the assumptions that I take when it comes to writing, thinking or living.These are the moments which make me feel worthy of this existense of mine, help me in sensing life. Who says time can not be seen or felt? I feel it and i sense it through these pieces which help me restore myself in this ugly process of quantification.

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Maternal Instincts

Its been one year, since
I strangulated my new born dreams;
in broad daylight, it was a cold blooded murder
guillotined with such panache
that no one could deny the remorse on my face.
(the wonted sobs and the usual commiserations)

My child had gone
like a perfect child
making it sure,
no one construes
the dissembled devil in my face.
His unconditional acceptance
was rejected
even before his inception
by everyone;
even by me
(for reasons unknown)

These twelve months have
brought within me
another child
(contrary to all expectations)
who just like her brother
is willing to be perfect;
But this time
I would be a perfect mother
and
not sacrifice this life, within
for the devils outside.
These bubbles of joy
would not burst into tears
Rather, they would mellow
into balloons like moon
sparkling their own radiance
much to the sun’s envy
much to my delight

Yes! they will not burst;
rather they would be
a mother’s gift
to his new born child